To change one or more colours in the palette or create a new one:
- On the Design tab, click the drop-down arrow on the Colors button.
- The in-built colour palettes are displayed – in this example, Red is the colour palette – then select Customize Colors.
The Create New Theme Colors dialog box is launched.
- Click the drop-down arrow beside the colour(s) you want to change. In this example, we’ll change Accent 1.
- Choose a new colour from either Standard Colors or More Colors. We’ve selected the bright green from the Standard Colors selection.
- Re-name the Theme from Custom 1 to something more memorable.
- Click the Save button.
All the text styles and elements in the template using the original red colour will now be bright green. You can, of course, change as many colours in the palette as you wish.